Ways of Helping
Center for Elder Services
10 Campbell Street
PO Box 433
Lebanon, NH 03766
Supporting Aging in Community
Home Delivered Meals
Food Shelves (at some locations)
Outreach & Social Services
Assistance with Social Security, Medicare, etc.
Chore Corps Program
Activities, Programs and Clinics
Blood Pressure Screenings
Health and Wellness Programs
Who Uses GCSCC's Services?
• Older people who need support to maintain an independent lifestyle
• Families who require help in caring for older relatives
• Individuals who are preparing for retirement
• Businesses who are assisting employees with obligations of caring for older family members
• Physicians and other medical professionals providing care for an older person
• Bankers, attorneys and others who are managing the affairs of older people
• Concerned neighbors and community members
Our purpose is to develop, strengthen, and provide programs and services that support the health, dignity and independence of older adults and adults with disabilities living in our communities.
Our goal is to do what families and neighbors would – if they could – prepare meals, take people to medical appointments and to do errands, provide opportunities for getting together with friends, untangle problems with Social Security and Medicaid and Medicare, obtain financial support when necessary, secure safe and affordable housing, identify opportunities for volunteering, and offer a shoulder to lean on in times of crisis.
Welcome to the Grafton County Senior Citizens Council, Inc. (GCSCC)
Upper Valley – Lebanon
Serving communities of Lebanon, West Lebanon, Hanover, Plainfield, Enfield, Etna and Lyme
Newfound – Bristol
Serving communities of : Bristol, Alexandria, Bridgewater, Hebron and Groton
Serving communities of Littleton, Lyman, Lisbon, Landaff, Sugar Hill, Monroe, Easton, Franconia, Bethlehem
Horse Meadow – North Haverhill
Serving communities of Haverhill, North
Haverhill, Woodsville, Pike, Monroe, Piermont, Bath and
Serving communities of Orford and Lyme
Mascoma – Canaan
Serving communities of Canaan, Enfield, Dorchester, Orange, Grafton
Linwood – Lincoln
Serving communities of Lincoln and Woodstock
Serving communities Plymouth, Ashland, Dorchester, Groton, Holderness, Rumney, Campton, Ellsworth, Thornton, Warren, Wentworth, Waterville Valley
If you or a loved one is in need of services in order to stay independently in your/their home, or active in the community, please contact us, we provide the following:
* Home delivered meals. (Meals on Wheels)
* Outreach and social workers through GCSCC sponsored ServiceLink to help navigate through Medicare and other special services that older and disabled adults may benefit from.
* On-demand transportation. We drive clients in lift-equipped vans to medical appointments, grocery shopping, the senior centers and more.
* Activities, educational programs and congregate meals.
* Volunteer opportunities through RSVP at our centers and in the community.
* Chore Corps, assisting with chores, repairs and safety modifications in and around homes.
* Telephone reassurance, providing a daily call to elderly individuals who are homebound, living alone and at risk for falls, accidents or sudden illness.
Visit or call your local center for more information, we look forward to having you be a part of our community!
Our eight senior centers in Grafton County offer weekday meals, activities, gift shops, exercise classes, computer labs and so much more. All of the centers offer endless opportunities to volunteer on location or out in the community.